Most of our organic spices and coffee comes from Wayanād district of Kerala.
The area is also part of The Western Ghats, one of the top 10 biodiversity hotspots in the world. In fact, because of exceptionally high level of biological diversity and endemism, in UNESCO World Heritage List , it is recognized as one of the world's 8 'hottest biodiversity hotspots'. Hence organic production is all the more important for this area. We want to help more farmers join the organic movement. retaining the natural habitat for birds, insects and animals.
We supply spices from their heartland in Kerala. We work with Organic Farmers' Consortium ]
- Black Pepper
- Black Pepper Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- White Pepper
- White Pepper Powder
- Nutmeg, Mace
- Fresh Ginger
ORGANIC ROBUSTA COFFEE BEANS
Our Coffee comes from Wayanād district of Kerala, the largest Robusta coffee producing region in the country. It is also known for its wildlife including Tiger and exotic vegetation.
Unlike Tea, the coffee we source is not grown in monoculture plantations. It is also grown in natural forests without cutting down shade trees – retaining the natural habitat for birds, insects and animals.
THE SPECIALITY OF OUR COFFEE
About Coffee itself :
- Certified Organic Robusta
- Western Ghats Hill Area Product
- Area is part of Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve;
- One of the 8 highest biodiversity Hotspots on earth, and home to tigers & elephants
- Shade-Grown Coffee
- Which is very important for this biodiversity rich mountains.
- Sun-dried (natural) Robusta.
- Our farmers produce much less 'washed coffee'
- Grades - A, B, AB, 14mm [Sorted or Together]
About Coffee Farms & Farmers :
- Farmhouses are situated within the farm
- all the smallholder farmers live within the farms, giving more care
- Shade-Grown Coffee Farms
- Our farmers follow the 'Traditional Polyculture' method
- Multicrop System in which Coffee is produced along with other crops such as organic spices and coconut
- All coffee is from farmers' societies of certified organic farms
- A total of 2200+ farmers
- Our farmers are part of a consortium of 7 registered charitable societies
- 1 of the 7 societies consists only of women farmers
- As of now, there are 1200+ Certified Organic farms with total of 730+ hectares
[Organic & Natural] Coconut Products
We work with Coconut Farmers' Producer Companies, where farmers are the shareholders. Their products include :
ORGANIC VIRGIN COCONUT OIL
- Organic Virgin Coconut oil – Raw, unrefined, cold processed, from fresh coconut milk
- Organic Artisanal Virgin Coconut Oil - traditionally processed (hot-process), hand-made artisanal coconut oil from fresh coconut milk
NATURAL VIRGIN COCONUT OIL
- Artisanal Virgin Coconut Oil - traditionally processed, hand-made artisanal coconut oil from fresh coconut milk (hot-process)
NATURAL COCONUT SUGAR
- Coconut Blossom Nectar
- Coconut Blossom Sugar
NATURAL DESICCATED COCONUT
- Desiccated Coconut
(Both Natural/Pesticide-free & Organic categories of these are available )
LOCAL TRADITIONAL RICE VARIETIES
We work with Farmers' Co-operatives which produce many traditional varies (wholesome, in unpolished form with bran retained). Some of the varieties are used for their therapeutic properties in Ayurvedic treatments. Some of the varieties have Geographical Indication Registration as well.
- Organic Red Rice - Navara (Used as normal rice, and also in Ayurvedic treatments. From certified organic farms)
- Natural Red Rice - Rakthashali (Rare white-tipped red rice variety, which is also mentioned in Ayurvedic texts for its medicinal values. This is from farms which do not use pesticides and modern fertilisers.)
- Natural Aromatic Rice - Gandhakashāla (Traditional variety Aromatic rice used for Biriyani etc. This is from farms which do not use pesticides and modern fertilisers.)
- Natural Aromatic Rice - Jeerakashāla (Traditional variety Aromatic rice with Cumin flavour. This is from farms which do not use pesticides and modern fertilisers.)